FRIENDS OR FOE? Episode 13

…..Episode 13
I kept everything behind me as i tried concentrating on the lectures being taught in the workshop. The day passed almost uneventful due to the fact that the people who were present there weren’t really socially skilled, while i also kept to myself.
We were lodged in an hotel to spend the night, and we were all given a room each, with instructions to wake up before 7am in order to meet up with the bus that would take us the event place.
I later received a call from Temi, who wanted to know how i was faring and how the workshop seminar was going.
“Hello Bewaji, how was your day?” Temi greeted.
“Am fine dear” I quipped ” although it has been really hectic” I added.
“Well, that’s nice to hear, i just called to say hi and to know how you’re faring” said Temi, in a caring tone.
“Yea, thanks for your concern, everything is fine here, we’ll talk later when i comeback tomorrow, am really tired now so i need to rest” i assured Temi.
We gisted for a little while before the call eventually ended. Honestly i just lied to her about needing rest, but I wanted to have a nice chat with Tunde that night.
I tried calling his number, only to discover that I was out of airtime. I was totally disappointed at him also for not even making time to put a call across or even ask about my wellbeing,or was he beginning to regret ever meeting me?” i pondered.
I slept that night with the thoughts in my head expecting a call from him but it never came through. I never nurse any thought within me that something bad might have happened to him, as i cursed him in my mind, at least he was supposed to give me a goodnight call.
But as fate would have it, i was awoken by a call the next morning,that sent waves down my spine and almost gave me heart attack.
“Hello, is this Bewaji on the line please?”
“Yes? am the one, who’s this please?” i replied in an effort to remember the voice, when he spoke out again.
“Its me Peter, Tunde’s friend” he muttered.
“Oh Oh Peter, how are you doing?” i asked, even when i was surprise seeing his call in the early hours of the morning.
“Please meet me at the University Teaching Hospital immediately!” he exclaimed rushing to hang up, but i quickly asked him to hold on.
“Wait Wait, whats the problem, what happened?” interrupting him just before he hunged up.
“Tunde was found almost lifeless at his residence! please meet me up at the hospital immediately.” he said and hunged up.
His last words hit me hard! i was shocked and almost fainted at what he just disclosed.
Could it be that Folake had started out her plans against Tunde?. I reasoned with shock, my brain had gone blank as i pondered over it.
Immediately he said those words and hunged up, my brain tried processing the magnitude of what he said and what it meant.
“Tunde was found almost lifeless”.
That alone could make one slump and die. My mind quickly raced to the threats Folake had made to us. There was no doubts she was involved in this. And she would pay for it dearly” i cursed, as i hurriedly had my shower and left for the hospital without even informing any of my classmates that i wont be going for the day’s workshop.
___________
“How is he, what is his condition like? what happened?” i wept as i inquired of his well-being from Peter when I finally got to the hospital without even greeting him.
“Its bad, his condition is really bad” Peter announced shakily standing up from the chair he sat down immediately he saw me.
“What really happened?” i questioned him again as my legs trembled with fear.
I don’t really know, the doctor is yet to…”
Just then the doctor came out of the ward, where Tunde had been admitted, while we both rushed him, asking him questions about Tunde’s condition.
“Doctor, Doctor, what’s happening to my friend? what is his condition?” Peter asked with concern written all over his face.
“Am sorry, but he didn’t make it” the doctor informed while Peter immediately grabbed him by his collar pushing the doctor to the wall.
“What do you mean he didn’t make it?” Peter cried.
“He’s dead” he finally revealed while i slumped and fainted.
To Be Continued….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greedy Boy !! Short Story

SE LOORE -BUSOLA OKE FT KOLADE

HONESTY