The Reaper's Loot - Episode 7


He smiled at himself when he realised his plot had worked, reopened the door, saw her still transfixed on one spot and drew her back in laughing.

Ifeoluwa: “I was just joking o, I got you right there didn’t I?”

She took her time to peruse his expression just to be sure he wasn’t joking at that moment. She just didn’t know what to make of his sudden outburst.

Bolatito: “What kind of play was that?” her confusion started getting replaced with anger.

Ifeoluwa: “C’mon! Don’t tell me you are getting angry? I expected you to know it was all a joke. Can’t believe I got you so easily” he tried getting closer to kiss her but she jumped out of his reach.

Bolatito: “How did you expect me to know it was all a joke with the way you looked? You looked like one possessed by a wicked demon who has suddenly been sent to torment me. That was not cool at all, seriously it was not cool”

Ifeoluwa: “Possessed ke. I can never be possessed by any demon. I’d rather be the one to possess them” he said giggling.

===

Nneka arrived her uncle’s house that Sunday afternoon looking like she had won a jackpot. She beamed with smiles as she looked around the beautiful house she will be living in and thought herself to be the luckiest among the living without knowing what fate awaited her. Mmesoma led her to her room after her dad had left. She didn’t even mind if her husband was aware of anything she did or said since he wouldn’t mind anyway. He was at her beck and call; making her happy was his top priority in life. She kept feeding him the black tea and he kept getting worse. It was a development she took so much delight in, watching him wallowing at her feet.

She admired the well-polished shiny wooden doors which lined the corridor. She noticed that the upstairs alone had almost five rooms, hers was at the base of the corridor. To her, it was the most beautiful house she had ever set eyes on or entered. Before they were only allowed to stay in the living room downstairs whenever they visited but now, she was free to roam the house anyhow she wanted. She felt blessed.

Mmesoma: “Okay this is your room. Make sure you don’t stray into any of the other rooms since you have no business whatsoever there, do you understand?”

Nneka: “Yes aunty” she replied happily looking around her well-furnished room which looked as good as new since only one person had ever stayed there before. The housemaids were only allowed to take the rooms downstairs.

Mmesoma: “And don’t think because I said I will treat you like a daughter that you will have the freedom to do whatever you want or be lazy”

Nneka: “Yes ma”

Mmesoma: “You are here for a reason and you must carry it out without any flaws. Make sure this house is never dirty and you cook all our meals. How old are you again?”

Nneka: “I am sixteen years old”

Mmesoma: “Oh good! You are of age. You will enjoy me if you do everything I ask you to do and if you start slacking thinking your uncle will be there to save you, you will be on your own. Your uncle will do only what I want or what I ask him to do. Which mean he can throw you out anytime I ask him to or beat the hell out of you if I want him to. So it will be in your best interest to be of good manners and mind your place. Did I make myself clear?”

Nneka: “Yes ma” her tone was no longer sounding as happy as it did before.

Mmesoma: “Good! Unpack your things and come downstairs. You have a lot to do” she said and walked out of the room at last.

“If only you know what I have in store for you, you wouldn’t be so happy to be here. If I am you, I wouldn’t even rear my head here at all. Thank God she is beautiful at least, I have nothing to worry about” she thought as she walked away from the girl’s room.

===

Some months Later…

She watched the bond between the two of them keep growing every day. She had been right, a baby changes a lot. He would never stop talking about her each time they were together even though he still claimed he didn’t love her still or any other lady at that but the look on his face always spoke volumes whenever he talked about her. It was remaining just few months for her due date and she still hoped something would happen which would abort the baby and the feelings growing inside Ifeoluwa towards his baby’s mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greedy Boy !! Short Story

SE LOORE -BUSOLA OKE FT KOLADE

HONESTY