BEYOND ABILITY

BEYOND ABILITY

At the age of seven my family and I were involved in a serious car accident during which my left hand was nearly amputated. Ever since the accident, I've often wondered "why me?" I've wondered why it was me in the very back seat of my family’s SUV, the SUV that flipped on its side and allowed my hand to seemingly fall away from me. That seemingly fell away and opened up a world that was not made for me, not formed for me.

And rather in all those times that I now think "why not me"? Why can’t I be the one to push against that world, to push against that false reality of what a body should or should not be, and to push into something else, something that could perhaps be beyond ability.

A place where these things we call bodies, these things we wear on ourselves and project onto others, will not be seen in comparison or in juxtaposition, but rather in celebration, in exploration, and in imagination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greedy Boy !! Short Story

SE LOORE -BUSOLA OKE FT KOLADE

HONESTY