The Marriage Battle … A Scratchy Story! ( Episode 2)


Ayo: An igbo girl.

Mami: Why an igbo girl, what happened to Funke?

Ayo: Mami, Funke and I part ways long ago, her name is Adaobi.

Mami: Lai Lai! You won’t get married to an igbo girl ooo.

Ayo: Why Mami, what happened to me marrying one?

Mami: Don’t you know that igbo girls are not good people, they are bad. You will not ooo and I won’t allow it.

Ayo: Ah! Mami , there is nothing you or anyone can do about it because I have already made up my mind.

 Mami: That mind that you have made up, can still be changed, after all you haven’t married her.

Ayo: But you haven’t given me any reason to change my mind. Okay, what is your reason?

Mami: Igbo people like money too much, they can even kill their people just for it.

Ayo: Is that all?

Mami: Don’t you know that the girl you want to marry is only after your money? After they have finished sucking you dry, they will kill you and inherit all your properties.

Ayo: Hahahahaha, Mami, not everybody is like that and you watch too  much naija movies

Mami: Says who? I am telling you what I know or am I not your mother again?

Ayo: you are.

Mami: Am I not the one that carried you nine months in my tommy?

Ayo: You are.

Mami: have I ever lied to you?

Ayo: No Mami.

Mami: Then you have to listen to whatever I say to you, I will not bury my son or daughter before my time ooo, you will not marry her.

Ayo: How can you say such a thing when you do not even know her yourself, she is a nice person ooo.

Mami: Why won’t she be nice when you are a rich man, all girls are nice once they perceive that.

Ayo: Mami Please, I have made up my mind.

Mami: Against your mothers will?

Ayo: I am sorry Mami but yes.

Mami: okay then, if that is what you will say but don’t say I didn’t warn you ooo.

Ayo: ‘It won’t come to that’ he said stubbornly.

Mami: I have told you my own ooo.

Ayo: I have heard.

Mami: seeing that Ayo has made up his mind, decided to let it go ‘When is she coming to visit me?

Ayo: Wow Mami, are you saying you have agreed?

Mami: Don’t ask me that question my friend, when is she coming to visit me or are we not important again?

Ayo: Thanks Mami he hugged her ‘I will bring her to you one of these day’s.

Mami: Good for I will be waiting to see her.

Ayo: ‘Thanks Mami’ he said again.

==

While Adoabi was still with her family in the village for she came to pay them a visit. Chidi and Chigozie were happy that she will soon be getting married.

Chidi: When Papa told us, we were very happy.

Adaobi: Really?

Chigozie: Of course. At least you will have somebody to take care of you a little.

Adoabi: Thanks guys, I am very happy. What else did Papa tell you guys?

Chidi:  Nothing else just that your suitor will soon be coming.

Chigozie: Where is he from?

Adobi: He is from Ekiti State.

Chidi: Wow! So you want to get married to Yoruba man?

Adaobi: Yes, is anything wrong with that?

Chidi: Nothing oooo, it’s just that they like party too much and are dirty people.

Adaobi: Hhahaahaha who told you that?

Chigozie: That’s what people say or aren’t they?

Adaobi: Well, it depends and you do know that some igbo people too are dirty.

Chidi: Yes but their own is extreme.

Adaobi: Hahahahaha chidi, you won’t kill me.

Chigozie: but it is true that they like party too much isn’t it?

Adaobi: Well, I won’t argue with that because the man I want to get married to like Party too much.

Chigozie: it means that your wedding will be big, naming ceremony a big party will be thrown, child dedication, party too. Even baby showers and bachelor eve party too.

Adaobi: I do not know about that until we get there, you know I am not a party freak.

Chigozie: if his family likes it, you will have to adopt.

Adaobi: You are right sha.

Chidi: Do you love him?

Adaobi: Yes I do.

Chigozie: What is his name?

Adaobi: His name is Ayo.

Question: Is it true Ibos can’t play with money like eeehh while Yorubas no fit ignore owambe party like kilode? LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greedy Boy !! Short Story

SE LOORE -BUSOLA OKE FT KOLADE

HONESTY