(Episode 13) Worse than Wasted Money … Irresistible Story!

With the help of the teacher assigned daily to look after Obiechina, Ifeoma was able to know how her child was faring.

Ifeoma: ‘Good day Chinonso’ for that is her name.

Chinonso: Good day Ma.

Ifeoma: How is my child interacting with other of his peers please?

Chinonso: To be sincere with you ma, I think he is a little bit reserved and withdrawn Ma. He doesn’t communicate or get close to anybody.

Ifeoma: Why is that so?

Chinonso: Its simple Ma, your son cannot say any meaning full two words phrase no matter how hard we try to help him, he hardly smiles,does not imitate sound and movement of other peers unlike other children, still unable to say two or three words. I think you should see a pediatric doctor.

Ifeoma: You really think that is the best solution right now?

Chinonso: Yes it is and the earlier it is done the better.

Ifeoma: Thank you so much for taking care of my child, I will see to it that something is done about it as soon as possible.

Chinonso: ‘You are welcome Ma. Let me go to the classroom and check up on the kids’ she said and left Ifeoma who was lost in thought.

==

When she got home with Obiechina, she met Ikedi who was in the house already waiting for her.

Ifeoma: This one that you are back home so early, hope no problem?

Ikedi: No Problem he said and went ahead to carry his son who was just busy looking at him without any emotion. ‘hey  son, how was school today’ he looked at his son who neither nod nor reply, shook his head and handed him to his mother. ‘I came home early because I wanted to talk to you about something.

Ifeoma: What is it? Hope nothing happened?

Ikedi: Nothing happened, why?

Ifeoma: Ah! This one you want to talk to me about something, I am wondering what it is.

Ikedi: Tend to our son and when you are done, I will be in the room waiting for you.

Ifeoma: Okay she said and went to see to the needs of Obiechina. When she was done, she put him to bed and went to her husband ‘What is it you wanted to talk to me about?

Ikedi: I have something I want to say and please, all you have to do is think about it before you say anything else.

Ifeoma: Okay, what is it?

Ikedi: I want us to make another baby.

Ifeoma: You what?

Ikedi: Want us to make another baby.

Ifeoma: Are you for real?

Ikedi: Meaning?

Ifeoma: Are you serious?

Ikedi: Yes I am.

Ifeoma: I am sorry Ikedi but in this case, there is nothing to think about. I or rather, we are not making more babies.

Ikedi: Why? You have not reached menopause have you?

Ifeoma: I haven’t but it still doesn’t mean that I will want to have another child when I have six children already.

Ikedi: and I have only one. And that one is the only one from my loins.

Ifeoma: Is it my fault that you have only one child? I am not going to go through the process of birthing another child just the way we did for Obiechina. Your son, my last born is and was my last bus stop. If you still want to go ahead and have a child, you are on your own ooo.

Ikedi: What do you mean?

Ifeoma: If you want to go outside and pregnant another woman to carry your child, feel free.

Ikedi: Are you saying you want me to have an affair?

Ifeoma: Do whatever you want to do, you are on your own. I have given you what I can, period.

Ikedi: Will you be okay if your husband has a child outside?

Ifeoma: Ikedi, I am way past that. If you want to do it, do it but right now, we have a very serious issue at hand.

Ikedi: What is it again?

Ifeoma: Your son is not okay, he needs medical attention.

Ikedi: I told you to let him be, he will come around in no time.

Ifeoma: No Ikedi, something is wrong.

Ikedi: I told you nothing is wrong.

Ifeoma: Ikedi, I am a mother of five plus Obiechina making it six. I know when a child is not okay.

Ikedi : Hmmm, what do you want me to do now?

Ifeoma: We need to take him to the hospital tomorrow.



When they got to the hospital, they were referred to the children ward where a doctor attended to them. After series of Evaluation and test conducted

Doctor: Madame, you are very lucky to have brought your child here.

Ikedi: Doctor, is anything the matter? He asked for he was scared for the outcome of the result.

Question: What is really happening to Obiechina? How did it happen?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greedy Boy !! Short Story

SE LOORE -BUSOLA OKE FT KOLADE

HONESTY