(Episode 9) Worse than Wasted Money … Irresistible Story!

Doctor: Stroke….He had partial stroke.

==

After two years of focusing and caring for her husband, Oluchi became frustrated. He wasn’t improving and his been away from his business was beginning to affect them financially.

Oluchi: ‘Take a look at your financial statement for the past three months’ she said to ikedi who was on a wheelchair watching the football league that was going on.

Ikedi: Though he could not talk out loud for he was still down with the partial stroke which affected his right side but he understood very well what is happening and also understood that all his businesses has been suffering the past years because he is unstable. He looked at his wife and mumbled a few words to her but she didn’t understand what he was saying and she went close to him to hear what he said ‘call my lawyer’ he said.

Oluchi: I should call your lawyer?

Ikedi: Nodded and said ‘Yes’.

Oluchi: Called his lawyer and in a few minutes, he lawyer arrived.

Ikedi instructed his lawyer to allow his wife have access to all his business dealing in which papers and document were signed on that behalf three weeks later. Even though Ikedi knew what he did wasn’t what he wanted but he was handicapped at the moment and he cannot let his business suffer.

==

Oluchi: ‘Wow! Finally, I am now the sole owner of all your companies’ she said after the lawyer left.

Ikedi: ‘Please handle it with care, they are all I have’ he mumbled.

Oluchi: Of course sweety, I will handle it with all the care in the world, you do not need to worry a thing ‘I have arrived’ she said to herself ‘This is exactly what I wanted all my life, to own all this and now I am a millionaire of my own’.

==

Another two years down the line, Oluchi  never gave a care in the world about her husband or his health, Effort by his family members to take him away from her and send him abroad for a better treatment proved negative. He became a vegetable but with the help of the cook in the house, they were able to do little for him when Oluchi is not around. Ikedi became a shadow of himself and lost all hope in life. The child he wanted and desperately needed,he is sure he will never have again concerning his present condition.

One Morning, Oluchi woke up, got dressed and went to his room. She looked at him and for the first time felt pity on him but she has made up her mind concerning what she is about to do and there is no going back.

Oluchi: I want to talk to you about something very important Ikedi.

Ikedi: ‘Good’ he mumbled ‘I also want to talk to you’.

Oluchi: Okay, she sat down on the cushion close to the bed and said ‘What is it that you want to talk to me about?

Ikedi: I know that for the past five years, I haven’t been the best husband to you, I know that you really need a man who is stable and not in a vegetable state like I am. You need a strong and healthy man who will give you children and….

Oluchi: and what?

Ikedi: If you do not want this marriage, I can understand you.

Oluchi: Okay… so what do you mean now?

Ikedi: Stop treating me like I am a nobody and allow my people access to my house.

Oluchi: Our house you mean?

Ikedi: Oluchi, you have been unfair to me these past few years and I haven’t said anything about it. I know that you have squandered all my hard earned money and you still keep doing that. I also know that you married me for my riches and nothing else.



Oluchi: Go straight to the point na. what is all this mumble about?

Ikedi: I want you to handle everything concerning my wealth and company to my family.

Oluchi: Hahahaha…. Hahahaahahaa. What do you mean you want me to handle everything to your family?

Ikedi: Everything concerning my businesses which I signed to you, I want you to handle everything to them. you didn’t give me a child and so you are at no liberty to anything.

Oluchi: Really? Have you forgotten that whatever you have is also mine?

Ikedi: I know that but you do not know how to manage them.
Oluchi: Manage ke! Anyway, that won’t be possible.

Ikedi: Why? But they are still mine.

Oluchi: They were yours but the moment you signed everything to me, they became mine.

Ikedi: Just handle everything to them please.

Oluchi: I said that won’t be possible.

Ikedi: Why?

Oluchi: Because I sold all your companies, all of it.

Ikedi: You did what?

Oluchi: I said I sold them.

Ikedi: What have you done?

Oluchi: What I should have done a long time ago. See eh! as you see me so, I am on my way to the airport for I am leaving the country for good. You can as well call your people to come and take over the process of taking care of you because as for me, I do not want to remain married to you anymore.

Ikedi: Why do you hate me so much? what did I do to you to deserve all this?

Oluchi: You didn’t do me anything ooo. My compensation of staying with you all these while was all your money I got which Is fair enough.

Ikedi: Why are you doing all this?

Oluchi: Doing what? I didn’t do anything ooo, I only took what is mine.

Ikedi: You have taken away everything from me, you have taken away all my hard earned sweat and money.

Oluchi: ‘Because that was what i wanted in the first place. You are a good man, you will find another woman, Goodbye’. She said as she walked away leaving Ikedi wishing he never met her for she was his biggest mistake.

Question: Any hope for Ikedi? Any advice for Ikedi or Oluchi?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greedy Boy !! Short Story

SE LOORE -BUSOLA OKE FT KOLADE

HONESTY